Wow what a crazy magical few months, it’s been non stop: Performing for a week at the Magic Castle, launching my live show DECEPTIONS at the beautiful Black Rabbit Rose nightclub in Hollywood, I MC’d the final night big show at Magic Live 2017 and moved freakin house the next morning and my daughter started kindergarten!
We are still surrounded by boxes here and have not yet set up the new filming studio, BUT I wanted to get this months upload out in time and we did it :) filmed a ton of material and it’s HUGE.
It’s a wonderful batch of magic this month with something for everything. Self working and advanced items, stage, close up, rope, coins cards etc, full extensive teach-ins and some really clever impossible miracles.
That's a total of 22 new uploads.
1. BILLY’S BLINDFOLDED CARD READ: has been added to the ‘Genius of Billy O’Connor’ section. This is a PLUM item, extensive research for over a year finally revealed Billy’s method for reading cards off the face of a shuffled deck while blindfolded.
The method is incredibly simple, as all good methods are. So much so, that I have kept this to myself for a long time. But I love you guys and so it’s here on this site just for you! Also within this section we are talking about his other blindfold revelations leading up to the big card read. Very powerful stuff.
2. A NIGHTMARE ENDING: has been added to the new 5 AWESOME ROPE TRICKS playlist within the STAND UP MAGIC section.
While visiting Magic Live 2017, I bumped into Mitch Geier and we started talking Professors Nightmare… like you do… Turns out he had a fab ending that makes a lot of sense. Simple in concept yet the perfect twist that, presented properly, could add that impossible twist making it impossible for spectators to reconstruct the secret.
Most of us already know this trick, but in case you don’t, I’ve added a quick teach-in on the basic handling to get you started.
3) SUPER STAB: TEN VIDEOS:
Ok this is a biggie. One of my trade mark in-depth investigations :). A feature item(s) for this month.
You will find within the CARD STAB category, TEN variations and ideas for a trick called SUPER STAB. That’s TEN - YEP, COUNT THEM - TEN different videos exploring the plot many say was created by Milbourne Christopher and popularized by Don Allan and so many others.
Truth is, I had discovered an effect called THE ULTIMATE STAB (number 9 on the list) which uses an incredible little known principal, useful for sooooo many other things, but in order to present it properly and for it to be fully appreciated, I wanted you to see the growth and possibilities of this classic effect.
From impromptu to fully gaffed methods it’s all here, nothing held back.
Try any of these effects for a lay audience and you won’t believe how strong it really is.
4) SHATTERING COINS: I’ve started a new category AWESOME AND UNUSUAL COIN MAGIC. A collection of coin tricks that are little off the beaten path. Some are easy, some a little harder, but all unusual.
The first addition to this category is a little known effect from my distant past called SHATTERING COINS AND SILVER BALLS… and yeah, it’s weird, powerful, but weird. This powerful vanish has everything, plot, intrigue and a kicker ending.
5) PAUL CURRY DOUBLE LIFT: From the man who gave us OUT OF THIS WORLD comes an incredibly natural -and little known- move.
The double lift is one of THE most essential moves. a powerful weapon in the arsenal of the card magician. BUT it's always good to have variations up your sleeve. When I discovered this great version by the legendary Paul Curry I was struck by its absolute naturalness. You will be too.
The Paul Curry double lift has been added to CARD BASIC category.
6) SHOW ME YOURS: An impossible looking MENTAL DO AS I DO from Parrish and Weigle, where you find the spectators card and the spectator FINDS YOURS… super clean thanks to the special deck. It has been added to EASY CARD TRICKS.
7) CLOCK IT: The classic clock trick gets the Ken Brooke treatment. a wonderful and entertaining close up self working card trick that also gives you a SECOND trick to do with the special deck used in SHOW ME YOURS,,, ALSO listed under EASY CARD TRICKS - If you’re going to use a special deck, try and find more than one trick to do with it.
‘Justify the pocket space’ is my daily mantra!
8) TEN IMPOSSIBLE LOCATIONS:
There’s a saying in my world, ‘you can never have enough impossible card locations’… ok, I made that up, HOWEVER having various methods of locating cards chosen under clean and impossible conditions is a must for any magician. You never know when you’ll be thrust into a challenging situation where one of these methods will literally save your reputation. This topic deserves its own playlist' TEN IMPOSSIBLE CARD LOCATIONS. which has also been added to ADVANCED CARD MAGIC.
TIUNED DECK has bee added here and two locations that I have used for a long time:
9) THE MASTER CARD LOCATION: - NO sleight of hand, card chosen and lost into the middle of the deck yet you find it in moments. This is of great use when they’re BURNING your every move. And
10) THE GAMBLERS SECRET: Here I list some of the sneaky methods used by gambling cheats to track and locate cards. Perfect to apply to the magic world. Ideas of Paul Rosini, Julian Proskauer and Eddie Fields who were masters of this particular technique.
11) FRONT PAGE CARDS: A terrific card revelation for audiences of all sizes. No preparation, easy to do, and the crowd with think you have tremendous skill… those are always the best tricks right? Listed under CARDS ON STAGE
12) CONUS ACES - THE BIG FINISH. If you checked out the brilliant CONUS ACES teach-in last month, I promised the big finale for that trick and I’m posting it this month too. This is the greatest finish for the CONUS ACES and gets all the reactions. Ya welcome. Listed in the STAND UP MAGIC - CARDS ON STAGE section.
All together some 22 different items. And I have a huge favor to ask, if you're digging what were are doing here could you send me a quote? I'd like others to know what we have going on here and testimonials are the way to go - and word of mouth of course. Just email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks all, you rock, as always reach out on the forums if you have questions, but please scour the material there's gold here, we are well on our way to building the huge online video encyclopedia of magic I'm envisioning!