This months Magic On the Go is a tremendous addition to the already massive database of magic and methods.
23 new videos and 2 PDF downloads have been added, right now you can see them all in one place, on the APRIL 2018 UPDATE playlist featured at the top of the page.
WE start with four additions to the already awesome MAGNETIZED CARDS playlist.
1. THE MAGNETIZED CARDS - IMPROMPTU GOLD: This is Steve’s completely impromptu method for performing magnetized cards with no additional gimmicks, just a pack of borrowed cards.
2. BONUS: For those who like to make themselves suffer, Steve’s added a free PDF download of Eddie Victor’s very clever but somewhat complicated impromptu method. It’s there for the sake of completeness, completely practical, he just didn’t have the patience to learn it… you’ll understand when you see it…
3. THE MAGNETIZED CARDS - DEFYING GRAVITY VERSION: As promised here is a way of doing the effect using your Defying Gravity gimmick (detailed last month). PLUS added handling and presentation ideas. Borrowed cards, ends clean, it’s worth learning, and the gimmick can be used for some many other effects.
4. THE MAGNETIZED CARDS - EXPANDED MAGNET EDITION: Using the magnetized method detailed last month, Steve’s kicked it up a HUGE notch by adding a chosen card. Inspired by Max Mavens Nucleus, he details this ultra clean and easy method of punching through the shower of falling cards and catching the chosen card. This is GOOD guys, you’d buy this if you saw it demoed.
5. MAGNETIZED CARDS - VALENTINE’S STAGE TAROT NUCLEUS ROUTINE: This is a biggie. Here Steve details the handling variations and massive presentation ideas for creating a powerful piece of magic theatre with Max Maven’s fabulous Nucleus. Plus some bug fixes… as Apple likes to say…
MOVE MONKEYS WILL LOVE THE NEXT THREE ITEMS:
6. ONE HAND TOP PALM: Steve details his technique for learning this Mercedes Benz of magic moves. PLUS some ultra cool uses that you may not have thought about. If you learn one move in card magic, it has to be this one.
7. CLICK: A brilliant signed card to cigarette case from way back. This trick, invented by Lee Noble, is a lesson in misdirection and how to use the above move. Plus Steve’s usual additions and a story about Dick Turpin.
8. BEAUTY: Steve’s finally tipping his top secret, almost perfect, utility move. A steal, a palm, a color change or an Ambitious finale technique… so many uses. If you like cool sleights, you will dig this.
9. DEFYING GRAVITY - FINESSE: Last month Steve taught you the about the G.W Hunter gimmick that he has nicknamed DEFYING GRAVITY. Here Steve demonstrates and exposes some knockout additional handlings and ideas.
10. DEFYING GRAVITY - IMMOVABLE PEN: This is sooo strong, especially for Mentalists and those who do hypnosis. Using the DEFYING GRAVITY gimmick Steve shows you how you can achieve Charles Jordan’s classic Magnetized Umbrella. Place a borrowed pen on the palm of your hand and challenge the spectator to simply lift it up… they cannot! Simple, powerful and a bit disturbing…
What follows next is eleven (11) videos on the classic REPEAT VANISHING HANKY routine! A classic Valentine in-depth teach in with methods, concepts and fun historical anecdotes. A genius effect in the hands of the great Oswald Williams. This is the work.
11. REPEAT VANISHING SILK - INTRO: Discussing the effect of this terrific and funny performance piece and concepts within it.The magician vanishes a hanky over and over and over again!
12. REPEAT VANISHING SILK - PULL: One of the cleanest vanishes of a silk, EVER. But always a tricky thing to use effectively. Steve details handling tips and the correct way to fit this method into your routine.
13. REPEAT VANISHING SILK - OSSIE’S METHOD: Details are conflicted on Oswald William’s exact method. Here Steve shares his thoughts and variations on the exact device. Plus brand new techniques for making this an invisible vanish, acquired after much trial and major error!
14. REPEAT VANISHING SILK - From the PLATES teach in, Steve has added Sid Joselyn’s method for making a silk disappear. To make this list as comprehensive and easy to navigate as possible.
15. REPEAT VANISHING SILK - MORE ON NIKKO. New ideas and handling with Harry Kellar’s Nikko silk gimmick.
16. REPEAT VANISHING SILK -EVERYTHING ELSE NIKKO: Steve’s previously published work on Nikko collated and re-edited from around the site for ease of access. This is the first major work ever done on this lovely little gimmick.
17. REPEAT VANISHING SILK - BAG IT- DROP IT: Unusual methods for vanishing a silk, including a fascinating device that works beautifully and a device that doesn’t work at all… yet.
18. REPEAT VANISHING SILK - POP VAN. A long lost prop method for vanishing a silk, with a BANG. Totally commercial and fits perfectly among the vanishes used for this classic effect.
19. REPEAT VANISHING SILK - POKE VANISH: A simple sleight of hand method of vanishing a silk using no gimmicks.
20. REPEAT VANISHING SILK - ROLL VANISH: A second sleight of hand technique for vanishing a silk.
21. REPEAT VANISHING SILK - CHALLENGE VANISH: From Steve’s one man show LIFE AND OTHER DECEPTIONS, comes this handling of Harry Kellers challenge vanishing silk. Included live footage from the show. A great possible finale for the routine.
22. REPEAT VANISH SILK - FINAL THOUGHTS: Steve wraps up everything you’ve learned so far and has a few suggestions.
NOTE: More methods and possible finales will be discussed in coming months, this is just the beginning.
Which brings us to the premiere of a much requested routine. Steve’s teach in on his work on the Sherwood CHOCOLATE BOX TRICK.
Even though the term Masterclass is being used by EVERYONE these days, (including Steve !) That’s exactly what this will be.
Over the course of the next bunch of months Steve will take you piece by piece, gag by gag and move by move though his creation, development and finally performance of this 12 minute feature from his live show LIFE AND OTHER DECEPTIONS. This month features his introduction to the class and introduction to the actual effect and challenges ahead.
NOTE: This is an exclusive limited run item on MOTG. It will continue only until the final video is added.
22. THE CHOCOLATE BOX - Intro: Here, Steve details the fascinating and cheeky history of the trick and why it caught his attention. Also the challenges he faced after deciding to make this his big routine and the work ahead for him. As an extra bonus, Steve will, month by month, make his notes available as PDFs. This month are his initial notes, from two years ago, as he broke down what he needed to create the routine. Every month will be additional notes - if necessary - detailing each moment of the development. It will be as if you are working on this and facing the creative challenges, with him.
23. CHOCOLATE BOX - EFFECT: Discussing the effect and how it breaks down into moments for maximum impact.